Updated October 27, 2017
Big Data continues to offer new and exciting opportunities for those looking to make career shifts or enter the job market for the first time. Becoming a data analyst is a highly lucrative pursuit with a high ceiling of earning capabilities.
Here at the tail end of 2017 looking towards 2018 there has never been a better time to make the switch to become a Data Analyst
With data scientist claiming Glassdoors #1 spot for Best Jobs in America for 2017 you need to at least get your foot into the door of the Big Data world before you can land one of these #1 Jobs. (Learn the Difference between Data Scientist and Data Analyst: Click Here)
But where do you start?
How do you get into the world of Data Analytics?
Start by receiving a Big Data Certification in Hadoop
This is the best action to take when cracking the field of big data because it will give you the elementary knowledge you need to know to start working with data, translating the data into understandable information. Using Hadoop you will be able to extract data to be used to understand buyer habits, stock market fluctuations, medical problems, traffic patterns, basically anything that collects information you will be able to extract and use as measurable information for a specific field’s benefit.
Now you may be asking, “Why do I need a certification in Big Data?”
That is a valid question. Especially if you have just graduated with a degree in analytics or computer science. Perhaps you work for a company that deals with data analytics everyday and you know how it functions and what it take sot extract data.
Consider the ever changing and constantly updating world of technology.
When a staffing agent goes to hire a new employee how does he know that you have knowledgable and accurate experience in Data Analytics at a QUICK glance of your resume. Having a certification listed in your educational resources will set you apart in the large stack of job applications piling up upon his/hers desk.
Over the past 5 years the demand for Big Data Analyst has increased over 200% but the programmers available to fill those position with the accurate set of skill was at a measly 5-10% out of a mere 350,000 programmers in the U.S.
Companies Hiring Data Analysts
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- Alpine Labs
- Wells Fargo
- JP Morgan Financial
- American Express
- Cisco Systems
- And 8000 other companies not listed above!
So, it is time that you started getting that Hadoop certification!
Here are the key benefits of receiving a Hadoop Certification:
- Master the concepts of HDFS and MapReduce framework
- Hadoop MapReduce is a software framework that allow you to easily write applications which process vast amounts of data.
- Understand Hadoop 2.x Architecture
- This will give you the ability to work within the Hadoop system and to efficiently gather data.
- Setup Hadoop Cluster and write Complex MapReduce programs
- Create new, manage and edit cluster of information.
- Perform data analytics using Pig, Hive and YARN (more on systems here)
- Hive is a data warehouse management and analytics system that is built for Hadoop. Hive was initially developed by Facebook, but soon after became an open-source project.
- Pig is a platform for analyzing large sets of data.
- Yarn is a programming model for processing and generating large sets of data. Yarn is the successor of Hadoop MapReduce.
- Implement Advanced Usage and Indexing (more on indexing here)
- An index is a copy of selected columns of data from a table that can be searched very efficiently that also includes a low-level disk block address or direct link to the complete row of data it was copied from. Some databases extend the power of indexing by letting developers create indexes on functions or expressions.
- Implement best practices for Hadoop development
- Understand Spark and its Ecosystem (more on spark here)
- Spark runs on Hadoop, Mesos, standalone, or in the cloud. It can access diverse data sources including HDFS, Cassandra, HBase, and S3.
You will be extremely knowledgeable in Hadoop and data analysis extraction after taking this course!
Pre-requisites for Big Data Hadoop Certification
- You will want to have a core understanding of Java and/or SQL
- These are not mandated but extremely helpful.
- The great thing about the course at edureka is that they give you a complimentary Java introduction course to get you tuned up on your Java skills when you enroll in the Hadoop course.
- Besides that, DON’T FEAR learning these new skills. We all start somewhere. Don’t allow the pain of facing something new be greater than the pain of never trying!
Before we part ways, let me make a serious recommendation to you!
Take the Full Masters Program in Big Data Architecture. This course will make sure that you are fully equipped to handle all the your big data career will throw at you when you are getting started!
Don’t skimp out on the most important training of your up and coming career