Updated October 17, 2017
What is a Digital Marketing?
This is a term and job position that has seen a great influx over the past five years. Before social medias’ like myspace (throw back!), facebook, and instagram were simply ways to stay connected with family and show off to your friends. And since the rise of the internet in the early 1990’s companies have been strategizing how to strengthen their email campaigns to reach maximum profits. Digital Marketing is an Umbrella term covering the pool of all things digital: social media, email, youtube, blogs, tumblrs’ reddits, and so much! Digital marketing focuses primarily on these outlets, avoiding other forms of marketing.
As a Digital Marketer you will focus on the following:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Unifying Social Media across multiple platforms
- As well as Email unificationCampaign Marketing
- Basically wherever your target market can click their mouse you want to be!
Your Goals as a Digital Marketing Specialist:
- Engage with your target market creating an interactive experience to sell products or services
- Make it easy for your target market to receive information about your product or service and establish a way for them to make an educated purchase. (People want to feel like they are making the decision)
- Learn your target markets behavioral patterns and interact with them on their preferred platforms.
- Build relations between your target market on social media
- Improve brand awareness and its impact on culture/humanity (big right now with the current generation)
- Rate the effectiveness of these efforts through statistics and analytics
Digital Marketing Educational Opportunities
1) Digital Marketing Training From edX.org at Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Gain a competitive advantage and learn essential digital marketing skills and strategies in this 4-course program from the top ranked Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.