Updated October 5, 2017
What is Could Computing:
Cloud Computing is a multi-level programing feat that focus on three levels of design and development. A Cloud is a network of computers working together in such a way that to a normal observer looks like just one big device. In short it is a shared data center.
You will give people the ability to log in, create an app, and roll out their products!
- First is the front end where we as users interact with the cloud system via online or device application (Think about when you enter a google drive or drop box account. You interact with the front end when you navigate your way through the online portal).
- Second is the back end design. This is where information trades hands, files are stored and all the intricacies of becoming a user of the online platform are logged. (When you create your own account and begin to load your files onto the server all the back end coding is what also makes these things possible.
- Third is where you would be developing the security, server, and file deeper file management configuration. this is where the engine of the online cloud based system is really running. its the meat and bones to all the pretty skin that we see as the cloud application.
For Further information on this check out a great write up on: Cloud Computing Net
Companies Hiring Right Now!
- Amazon.com – Network Engineer – Cloud Computing Networks ($95k – $120k!)
- Emory University – Systems Software Engineer in Cloud Computing ($60k – $85k)
- Verizon Wireless – Cloud Engineer
- Lockheed Martin (Mega Aero Space Company) – Cloud Software Engineering Intern!
- $45k – $60k (Not bad for an intern!)
Responsibilities / Skills Needed:
- Java Script, C++, Java, Python, or Ruby Programming.
- (Knowing one Very well with a good understanding of the others)
- SQL Coding (structured Query Language) is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system (cloud for instance)
- Learn More Here: Tech Republic SQL Coding Language
- Understanding the use of virtual environment software
- (Amazon Web Services, Azure, DigitalOcean, or other cloud vendor technologies)
- Ability to create and communicate technical designs to meet specications
- Develop, integrate and maintain new software
- Modify and and work with previously written code
- The Ability to Work REMOTE! (Work From How with Many Companies!)
- Communicate and digest complicated engineering concepts
- Ability to work in Linux, Windows, or OS (Mac)
- Experience working with containers like Docker
- Operators use Docker to run and manage apps side-by-side in isolated containers.
First Lets Get a Coding Language (Python is Highly Recommend for Cloud Computing
Get lots of practice working with sample code in Jupyter Notebooks on Azure, which require only a browser and an Internet connection. This is really important because on cloud computing you will most likely be working with Azure.
Second Let’s Get You Connected with Cloud Infrastructure
Third You Will Learn how to distribute and manage cloud applications
Fourth Learn How to Secure your cloud from hackers!
Fifth Data Base Development
We presented a list of skills to learn here. They have been chosen because of their importance in building a knowledge and skill bank to prepare you for cloud computing.
BUT, if you want to truly be PREPARED to get a job in Cloud Computing…
I would recommend the full online masters course from the University of Maryland. (Make sure you get some skills in coding — first step I listed above — before you take this masters course).