Updated October 3, 2017
What is a Digital Marketing?
This is a term and job position that has seen a great influx over the past five years. Before social medias’ like myspace (throw back!), facebook, and instagram were simply ways to stay connected with family and show off to your friends. And since the rise of the internet in the early 1990’s companies have been strategizing how to strengthen their email campaigns to reach maximum profits. Digital Marketing is an Umbrella term covering the pool of all things digital: social media, email, youtube, blogs, tumblrs’ reddits, and so much! Digital marketing focuses primarily on these outlets, avoiding other forms of marketing.
As a Digital Marketer you will focus on the following:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Unifying Social Media across multiple platforms
- As well as Email unificationCampaign Marketing
- Basically wherever your target market can click their mouse you want to be!
Your Goals as a Digital Marketing Specialist:
- Engage with your target market creating an interactive experience to sell products or services
- Make it easy for your target market to receive information about your product or service and establish a way for them to make an educated purchase. (People want to feel like they are making the decision)
- Learn your target markets behavioral patterns and interact with them on their preferred platforms.
- Build relations between your target market on social media
- Improve brand awareness and its impact on culture/humanity (big right now with the current generation)
- Rate the effectiveness of these efforts through statistics and analytics
Educational Opportunities for Digital Marketing Specialists:
1)The Digital Economy: Selling Through Customer Insight
No matter how complex and detailed your digital marketing strategies are they will be useless if they do not attract buyers and convince action. Obvious, yes, but how often do we take the time to learn how to reach our target market and make a sale through careful technique and target market research.
Don’t waste any more time. Get the skills you need to become an expert and get a job in Digital Marketing!
- Understand a holistic view of customers and how they act in the digital marketplace.
- Get a grip on the current economy, learn the tools, and use them to reach your target market.
- Learn about the reasons and ways that marketing has transitioned from store front to your target markets home door step
2) Digital Marketing Training by Edereka
This Course from Edureka will help you take your marketing knowledge to the social media and email platforms of the WORL WIDE WEB! Gain expertise in various digital Media aspects like Keyword Planning, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing and Google Analytics.
- Understanding of Best Digital Marketing Strategies
- How to utilize and maximize branding
- Blending Digital and offline marketing
- Get familiar with the best tools and resources
- Plan and Manage Digital Marketing Budget
- Report and Analyze traffic
- Prepare for the Future of Digital Marketing
3) Marketing Analytics: Data Tools and Techniques
This course will help you get a deeper understanding of how to nail social media concepts by helping you get a grasp on analyzing and then strategizing your social media campaigns.
This will be a big benefit to building skills!
- Learn How Social media strategy is linked to the overall mission of a company
- See how social media can impact company results
- You will learn how to define measure, and calculate the return on investment
- Plan, strategize, and score big
- Defining a sales strategy that will work for the company you will be working with
- Understanding the cost of social media: planning, executing, man power needed, etc…
- Case Studies on how to effectively utilize social media marketing