Updated September 29, 2017
What is Translational Research:
Applies general science findings to enhance the human experience in the medical field. Through conducted research this position helps take scientific data and translate it into practical clinical application for Medical Professionals (Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Doctors, etc…). The goal of this research position is to discover and implement better outcomes for the patient.
- Perform lab and field experiments for research projects and make detailed notes of the outcomes.
- Interpret and analyze data as it relates to current protocols. Address issues if protocol needs revision.
- Continually review medical journals and readings to stay up to date on current practices and technologies
- Helps to Understand the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) regulations and guidelines. This helps to protect human injury with the products and solutions recommended by your research.
- Know how to prepare research proposals.
- Understand the process of implementing and proposing new systems into the medical field.
- Needs to have great organizational skills to record data.
Taipei Medical University: Introduction to Translational Research: Connecting Scientists & Medical Doctors
In this course you will learn how to take knowledge found in the lab and translate it into the medical office, hospital, or home care setting.
Leeds University: Improving Healthcare Through Clinical Research
This course does not focus specifically on translational research, but gives you a better grasp of how to operate and formulate Clinical research which will help you better understand the process of translational research and its application.
Offers Available Currently:
Medical Research Universities
Private Health Development
Future for Translational Research
According to a research article put out by Hideki Furuya, Dean Brenner, and Charles J. Rosser there is a desperate need for Translational Researchers. There is a great chasm between research science and practical medicine that most be closed. If interested, read full article here: https://translational-medicine.biomedcentral.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s12967-017-1188-6?site=translational-medicine.biomedcentral.com